Progress from 2013 to 2016
Building and barn condition assessments, made possible by a Robert Sincerbeaux Fund Grant and a Barn Assessment Grant, through Preservation Trust of Vermont
- Environmental assessments conducted. Asbestos and vermiculite abated, partially reimbursed by the Zonolite Trust
- Irreparable non-historic barn and additions deconstructed; foundation restored; sill and roofing replaced, all with financial assistance from a partnership between the Freeman Foundation and Preservation Trust of Vermont
- Land surveyed and topographical map made of the property
- Replacement septic design and preliminary architectural drawings done
- Started on ADA-compliant river path
- Began riverbank restoration. Craftsbury Conservation Commission identified CPH as one of three test sites for Japanese Knotweed eradication
- Wildlife and plants inventoried in collaboration with Sterling College.
- Began tree inventory with Orleans County Forester, Jared Nunery.
- Awarded Vermont Downtown and Village Center Tax Credits toward façade, code and technology improvements
- Awarded Economic & Infrastructure Development Grant from federal Northern Borders Regional Commission for modern addition on the former barn ell footprint to house restaurant & office space.